Life isn't easy after 50, but also doesn't have to be "hard".
Feeling tired, run down and exhausted can quickly become the norm. So, what’s the problem?
Well, let's be really honest here. Most people don't exercise because they “love” or "want" to workout. They exercise because they want to solve a problem, or address a current or future fear about their HEALTH.
Coach Shannon spent most of her life only working out for weight loss because she thought that it was the only way... after all isn't that what society and the media have been telling us for years?
There are more people who are unfit, out of shape, deconditioned, overweight and UNHEALTHY than ever before!
Doesn't that seem to really indicate that there is some kind of serious disconnect?
That the commonly "perceived" solution isn't an effective solution?
Do you see that “fitness” doesn't equate to “health”? They are not one in the same.
A lot of fitness trainers claim that they are health "this" or wellness "that" because they do something with nutrition or sell an MLM supplement, or they promote the latest craze of getting you to workout, or provide recipes. But honestly, they are the same as everyone else.
You can call a Zebra a horse, but that doesn't change the fact that he is really a Zebra!
Let’s face it, allied health care, with all due respect, for all its real benefits (when necessary), isn't really “health” “care” at all is it? It's reactive assess and diagnose and band aid repair; a pill for every ill. Now don't get us wrong, there is a place and time for medical treatment, but the plan should be to actually develop good health, and care for that health as zealously as possible.
Thanks to all the emotion derived marketing ploys, people are frustrated, desperate, misinformed, misdirected, and actually knowledge deprived.
With this being such a large issue, and no hard solution in sight, anyone and everyone are rushing to present their “solution”. But instead of real, educated approaches; its more about spin control and quick outcomes. No one is stopping the carousel, stepping out of the spin zone and asking the hard question of “What REALLY is the Root Cause” to this problem?
Our industry was becoming more and more about entertainment than science; more marketing click-bait than direct honesty; more about fads and quick magical “previously unknown" or "just discovered secrets” than about providing real root cause solutions and authentic leadership.
Since 2003 , we have been deeply researching, studying and trialing our approach. We have been assimilating what we learned academically, what we observed, and what or clients have told us as feedback.
Through our unique blend of education and professional experience of training thousands of clients, we have developed a first of its kind training process. An integrated HEALTH and FITNESS solution that addresses the real world 21st century health and fitness challenges.
In the past you were locked in to working with a trainer regardless of their skill and experience. Today, thanks to the power and connectivity of the internet, you have the option to work with the best and most compatible seasoned coach for you regardless of your physical proximity.
True North Fitness & Health is an online resource and coaching platform for the discriminating adult fitness enthusiast who is serious about their health, longevity, and vitality. When you in one of our programs, you will be working alongside dedicated coaches who know firsthand the latest science and technology can offer.
As we age we need to place demands on our physiology in ways that get the training effect we seek, both physically and psychologically, and do it in a manner where the benefits outweigh the risks.
We write effective training programs, not workouts; and we do not do “WODs” (never mind if you don’t know what that is it’s a good thing if you don’t). And we provide ongoing, interactive support.
We help get you in your best shape so you can live your best life with youth and vitality.
At True North Fitness & Health Online, feeling younger is closer than you think — we are continuously striving to better ourselves and truly create the world’s most effective HEALTH and fitness training system.
What are the benefits of working with us online?
- Workout on your own schedule. Since the workout sessions aren't done in person, you can choose to workout any where and any time. We know that life can get really busy and we are here to provide you with the direction and motivation to help you reach your health goals.
- Affordability. Not everyone can afford multiple one on one training sessions with a coach in person. In-person one on one training can easily cost over $800.00 to $1,200 per month.
- Communication - how often do you think you would message an in-person trainer? Well, with online training, you can message your coach any time during our office hours and in the group forums.
- Access to an Expert no matter where you live! Working with an online personal trainer means they don’t even have to be in the same city as you. So you don't have to worry about working with that new young trainer who doesn't have the knowledge or experience to work with our generation.
- While online training may involve more self-motivation, we are just a click away. And we'll be checking in on your progress and making sure that you are completing your workouts. There really are no excuses anymore!
- Seeing Results - Now that everything is online, it’s trackable and when you track your workouts you get to see your results because our custom branded APP will tell you when you've hit a new personal best!
Education has been a key to our continued success; we jointly or individually hold the following certifications.
- Master Personal Trainer
- Online Personal Trainer; L1 & L2
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV) Pro Coach
- Heart Rate Performance Specialist
- Functional Movement Screen Specialist; L1 & L2
- Food Psychology/Mindbody Coach
- Stress Management Coach
- Fit Phone Coach
- Personal Fitness Chef
- Precision Nutrition Coach; L1
- Fitness Assessment Specialist
- Integrative Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Senior Fitness Instructor
- Fitness Nutritionist
- Spartan SGX Coach; L1 & L2
- Spartan Edge Specialist
- Spartan Obstacle Specialist
- Dynamic Variable Resistance Trainer (DVRT); L1 & L2
- Adventure BootCamp Instructor
- YogaFit Instructor
- Biomechanics Specialist
- Functional Training Specialist
- Youth Fitness Instructor
- Youth Nutrition Specialist
- Pediatric and Adult CPR/AED & First Aid
- Brain Fitness Coach
- Life Strategies Coach
- Wellness Coach
- NLP Practitioner
TID BIT'S ABOUT US:
For Coach Rob sports and fitness have always been an integral part of his life. Both parents were collegiate level athletes and graduated with Physical Education degrees. He has been a team and individual athlete since the second grade. His activities have ranged from playing and lettering in football, baseball, wrestling, and track & field; to water and snow skiing, racquetball, running, and weight training. He is also a Virginia Tech alumni and a U.S. Navy veteran who had a distinguished career in Reliability Engineering before partnering with Shannon to build the vision of True North Pioneering, Inc.
Coach Shannon graduated from University of San Diego and before meeting Rob had a career in the hospitality industry on the Island of Lana'i and for Lowes and Hyatt Hotels. Through her life, she never really enjoyed athletics because she was always too heavy and embarrassed about her size, doubled with the fact that it was just uncomfortable. Having been overweight since childhood, she understands firsthand how difficult this journey can be. She spent years as a “professional dieter” and yo-yoed her weight. It took years of self-discovery for her to figure out her why and heal her relationship with food.
OUR CORE VALUES
- EXCELLENCE; Bring Your Best; Be the Best
- QUALITY; Deliver Exceptional Service and Value
- INTEGRITY; Be Honest, Do what is Right
- COMPASSION; Be Respectful of others, Consider all sides
- HUMILITY; Welcome Critique, Embrace Change
- COMMUNITY; Be a Positive Team; We not Me
- MASTERY; Always Learning, Developing, Improving
- ENTHUSIASM; Have Fun, Bring Energy, Have Passion, Be Positive
- RELIABILITY; Strive for ethical Profitability
- CITIZENSHIP; Ecology and Charity Conscious
- LEADERSHIP; Set the example, Demonstrate Professionalism
- COURAGE; Stay true to our values, stand apart unique rather than in the crowd
- BALANCE; Strive for harmony in all facets of life
Your time is now to shine!
Get free support, start making progress or discover what it's like to work with me